Jenks Athletic Director says masks will be required at athletic events
Jenks Public Schools Director of Athletics Tony Dillingham released a letter Wednesday to the Jenks community saying that masks will be required for anyone attending Jenks athletic events.
Here is the letter from Dillingham:
Dear students-athletes, coaches, staff, officials, administrators, parents, and patrons,
Jenks Public Schools is requiring the wearing of masks at school for students and staff, so we will be applying this same expectation to athletic events. We would like to welcome you to our facilities. As we navigate through these uncertain times during the COVID-19 pandemic, we would like to you to know that the health and safety of all student-athletes, coaches, staff, officials, administrators, parents, patrons are our primary priority.
When you attend events in our facilities, we are asking you to follow the guidelines below:
- Masks or face coverings are required for all participants, coaches, workers, officials, patrons, or anyone entering a Jenks Public Schools facility. Refusal to wear a mask or face covering will prevent admittance into the facility. We ask that all patrons exercise social distancing procedures within JPS facilities.
- Participants, officials, and coaches may remove their masks when they reach their perspective playing field or court (ex: volleyball: on the court, softball: inside the playing field fence).
- Jenks ticket takers and sellers will be masked and gloved.
- While we believe sportsmanship is paramount to the development of young people, at this time, we will recommend no hand shaking between opposing teams, both before and after games, to reduce contact as much as possible.
- At some of our venues, there may be seating areas marked off as unavailable. Please refrain from sitting in these areas to help us keep everyone safe.
- For participants, officials, and coaches, no shared towels, clothing, shoes, water bottles, or equipment.
- Locker rooms will be accessible to teams, but we highly recommend visiting teams come dressed and ready to participate for the event. Masks will be required in the locker rooms, athletic training rooms, and coaches’ offices and any area considered outside of the playing field or court.
- Only necessary personnel will be allowed in the press box or at the scorer’s table.
- When traveling to and from away events, all Jenks coaches and student/athletes will be required to wear face coverings.
We thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions or concerns before coming to our facilities, please do not hesitate to contact our Athletic Department at 918-299-4415 ext. 2214, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jason.email@example.com