State House of Representatives give Monday COVID-19 update
- People coming to Oklahoma from six “hot spot” states must self-quarantine for 14 days upon arriving here, under an executive order by Governor Stitt. The states are California, Connecticut, Louisiana, New Jersey, New York and Washington.
- The Oklahoma Turnpike Authority temporarily suspended staffing at toll booths to protect the health of motorists and workers. Turnpike travelers should use their PikePass or bring exact change.
HEALTHCARE WORKER PROTECTIONS
- To protect healthcare workers, delivery personnel visiting hospitals must submit to screenings before entering the hospital, under an executive order by Governor Stitt.
- As a reminder, you may make personal protective equipment donations for Oklahoma healthcare workers at ppedonation.ok.gov
- To ensure healthcare workers can make it to work, day cares must accept the children of healthcare workers, under Governor Stitt’s order.
-Beginning today, OETA will adjust its daytime schedule to broadcast education programming for children to continue learning while school buildings are closed. Details and schedules are at oeta.tv/blogs/education/distance-learning-with-oeta
-Distance learning plans are being developed and communicated by local school districts and the State Department of Education.
-In anxious times, please look out for everyone’s mental health – including your own. The state mental health agency has a COVID-19 resource guide at ok.gov/odmhsas/COVID-19_Comprehensive_Resource_Guide.html
-Immediate HELP is always available through:
-Oklahoma COVID-19 Call Center: 877-215-8336
-The Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
-Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
-Federal Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 (or text TalkWithUs to 66746)
-Nonprofits are eligible for some of the emergency small business loans and other assistance available through the federal relief bill. To learn more, visit:
-Oklahoma Commerce Department: okcommerce.gov/covid19
-U.S. Small Business Administration: SBA.gov/coronavirus
-Oklahoma Center for Nonprofits: www.oklahomacenterfornonprofits.org/resources/coronavirus-covid-19-resources-for-nonprofits